Sunday, December 27, 2009

Uncle Earl

My uncle Earl was at the airport the evening that I stepped off of the plane from Korea and through the years he has been there for every single major event in my life. We celebrate every holiday together and he has been such a great supporter of Andrew and I. Especially when we first started out pretty rocky. He always saw the good in Andrew and knew that things would work out between us. On Christmas Eve we lost uncle earl. He has been pretty sick for about 20 years. He has been in and out of the hospital for numerous surgeries and this last hospital trip, one that seemed routine, was his last.

This is the last picture that I have of him. Too bad it is almost 5 years old! He came out to Hawaii for our wedding. He is in the back standing right next to dad.
Photobucket

We were hesitant to tell kaili because when Gale (andrew's dad) passed away, she took it extremely hard and she only saw him twice a year. We were so scared of how she would take hearing about "papa earl" since she sees him so much. Aunt rose and Uncle Earl had just baby sat 5 days ago. We told Kaili and Gavin that he went to Heaven like Papa Gale and Kaili started crying and said "all of my papas are going to heaven." She is such a loving little girl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Katie. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.