My dad had his surgery today. He had an aortic valve replacement done at saint joes hospital. At first I wasn't so afraid. I thought "these surgeries happen all the time!" As the surgery grew closer and closer I got more nervous for my dad. We went by his house last night and he gave me the tightest hug.
I went to the hospital after I dropped the kids at school. His surgery started at about 8am and at around 1030 the doctor came out and said he was doing great and in recovery. Right beside him was his PA and it was a girl that I graduated with from pius! We cheered for a couple years together. She will be taking care of him and I'm so glad he's in good hands. I can't wait to go bak tomorrow to see him. I said goodbye and he waved. He has a tube in his mouth to his lungs to help him breathe because he can't on his own yet.
The doctor said recovery would be long but that he would feel so much better after. His heart was only working at 30-40% so now it will be perfect.
Loyalty is something that involves your whole life whether it be a family member or a friend. I've learned recently just how important it is.
Friday favorites & some exciting news!
5 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment